Associated Contracting, Inc. is
committed to providing employees with a safe and healthful work
environment. Extensive time and effort are given to employee safety
training to assure that each employee understands and works within
the safety confines of ACI’s safety policy. Our employees
are trained in scaffold erection and general OSHA compliance. Our
supervisors are 10-hour OSHA safety certified, and each project
has an onsite competent person. All equipment operators are appropriately
licensed. Each week, ACI holds onsite safety meetings in addition
to supervisors' monthly meetings for specific safety training from
the ACI administration.
Employee recommendations to improve safety and
health conditions will be given thorough consideration by the Associated
Contracting, Inc.’s safety committee. Associated Contracting,
Inc. employs U.S. Safety, a regional consulting company, to perform
onsite safety inspections and provide reports recommending safety
measures to assure ACI and OSHA compliance. These safety reports
are then reviewed by ACI’s safety officer and used for correction
and training purposes.
The main tenets of ACI’s safety program are:
measures are inspected daily at the job site.
• Rigorous and ongoing safety training
• Proper use of protective gear
• Safe handling and use of tools
• Proper lifting techniques
• Safe operation of equipment and vehicles
• Proper techniques for installation and use of scaffolding
• Extensive fall protection protocol
• Regular inspection of electrical devices
• Safe protocol for excavations, trenching and shoring
• Documentation of hazardous materials
• First aid instruction and administration
• Thorough reporting and investigation of all incidents
For a copy of ACI's comprehensive safety program,
please call (239)
596-8088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACI has just constructed a learning center to better
train its employees in a broad spectrum of areas, ranging from
general administration to safety seminars, English and applied
construction techniques. The facility includes a multimedia
center and can accommodate up to 20 trainees at a time.
safety orientation meeting. ACI employees are required to wear hard
hats on all projects.
Construction of a clock tower at Bella Terra
demanded elaborate scaffolding and staging areas.
Scaffolding, staging and guardrails keep crews safe at the Verona